Friday, January 29, 2010

Jan. 29, 2010

Key Verse:

(21)Jesus replied, "I tell you the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to the mountain, go throw yourself into the sea and it will be done.(22)If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.
(Matthew 21:21-22)

Central Truth: 

Mountains in our path are God's way of refining our faith.


MOVING MOUNTAINS

As believers in Christ, we all know that mountains will be placed in our paths.

On October 31, 2006, a huge mountain was placed in my path. Life was moving along great when suddenly I had to make a decision about the path of my career. I had to decide if I was to continue doing the job that I had been doing for six years and was comfortable with or change to a completely new career. The only way I knew to get around this mountain was through prayer and faith in God. My prayer was not for me to get the new job, but for God's guidance and wisdom in making the decision. The verse states that all things will be given to you if you ask God and have faith. We are not to pray for our own selfish desires. Prayer is not a way to "get what we want" but is a way to seek God's will in our lives. During this time, God placed many people and opportunities in my path that pointed me in the direction that I felt that God was leading me. Without prayer and the faith in God during this time, I know that I would not have been able to move the mountain of confusion that was in front of me.

If we doubt God, we should not expect God to answer mountain moving prayers. When we doubt, we are doubting God's promises and His abilities. Faith must accompany your prayers because only God can move mountains.

No comments:

Post a Comment