Friday, March 12, 2010

March 11, 2010, Luke 6

Key Verses:

"Why do you call me, 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do what I say? I will show you what he is like who comes to me and hears my words and puts them into practice. He is like a man building a house, who dug down deep and laid the foundation on rock. When a flood came, the torrent struck that house but could not shake it, because it was well built. But the one who hears my words and does not put them into practice is like a man who built a house on the ground without a foundation. The moment the torrent struck that house, it collapsed and its destruction was complete."

(Luke 6:46-49).

Central Truth:

Change your life and your future by developing good biblical practices now!


In the month of February, I led a series with the high school kids called "Developing Habits that Will Change Your Life." In this series we looked at great biblical principals that God instructs us to practice. Principals such as: hanging out with God, having an accountability partner, passionately getting into his word, and so on . . . These principals, if the students should grab hold of them now, can serve as an incredible foundation that will help them mature as adults and as believers. A foundation that could very well change the direction of their life!

However, as I'm studying this subject matter, I can't help but think about all of the adults that have missed out on building this incredible foundation in their own life. Too often I've seen many adults who have built their "home" on the shifting sand. They have built their lives based on earthy principals inspired by their culture and their environment. And consequently, they have been in one disastrous drama after another.

BUT.....GUESS WHAT! I've got some incredible news! Our God is a God of GRACE and MERCY who offers second chances. We CAN start over. It's not too late to restart that foundational rebuild and make some great changes in your life. Sure, it may be harder. We may even need to dig a little deeper before we hit solid ground. But, I'm reminded of Philippians 4:13 where Paul says "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength." You see, if you have trusted your life to the Mercy King, nothing is impossible. Change your life now. Rebuild on solid ground. Rebuild with Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment