Friday, October 22, 2010

October 22, 2010, Hebrews 7

Key Verse:

“Therefore he is able, once and forever, to save everyone who comes to God through him.
 He lives forever to plead with God on [our] behalf.”

(Hebrews 7:25)

Central Truth:
Jesus always has our back, if we have a personal relationship with him.Do we always have His back?
WHO'S GOT YOUR BACK ?
Wow! When I read this verse I was taken back quite a bit to be honest. I mean, I do not feel worthy enough for Jesus to plead my case to God when I mess up. I am really nothing in the scheme of things . . . . I am little old me, living in Macon, GA, raising 2 girls with a wonderful husband, working in the medical field and trying desperately to develop an intimate relationship with Christ but falling short daily and asking for forgiveness. But, the cool thing is that Jesus loves me anyway. You see, God loved you and me so much that He made the greatest sacrifice of all time by sacrificing his son, Jesus, on the cross for us. This point still blows me away. So, if push comes to shove, would you do the same for him? Would you give up everything that you have here on Earth if you were asked by Christ to do so? Would you stand up for Christ knowing that it will result in death?
I would like to say that the answer is no doubt a forceful "Yes," but I pause every time I think about it. Fortunately, we have not been put in this situation, but we have read many accounts of those who have in the Bible. Just give these some honest thought. God already knows your heart.
Christ really only asks two things of us once we have accepted Him as Lord and Savior of our life. These should come as no surprise to any of us in that they have been touched on several times throughout our Journey. One: love the Lord your God with all of your heart, soul and mind. Two: love your neighbor as yourself. The common theme is LOVE.This is what Christ demonstrated so unconditionally when He died on the cross for our sins. I venture to say that all of us would say that we love Christ, but do we show Him unconditional love, no matter what happens in our lives? Our GL2 group talked of unconditional love, and all of us realized that we rarely show unconditional love. This, however, does not mean that we are unable; it may be that we are unwilling for fear of being hurt. Well, let me tell you something, Hebrews7:25 reinforces the fact that Christ is not going to harm us; rather, He is going to plead with God on our behalf. He is worthy of our unconditional love.
It is my hope that we all step up and truly show Christ how much we love and honor Him by ‘pleading’ His case to those around us and truly loving others as He loves us. When we share our testimony with others, it interferes with Satan’s agenda. Jesus does not want anyone to perish as stated in II Peter 3:9. As our love grows for Christ, our love for our fellow man will follow, and we will see some drastic changes in our hearts, in our lives, and in our community.
Prayer: Dear Heavenly Father, help me to love as Jesus loves. Teach me to love unconditionally. Remind me that Jesus has my back and pleads my case to you when I falter. Help my love for Christ to grow on a daily basis, and help me play a more active role in my relationship with Christ.Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment