Monday, May 17, 2010

May 17, 2010, Acts 8

Key Verse:

As they traveled down the road, they came to some water and the eunuch said, "Look, here is water. Why shouldn't I be baptized?"

(Acts 8:7)

Central Truth:

Don't wait to obey God.

Just DO IT

As the disciples traveled about and proclaimed the good news of Jesus Christ, they were met with many different reactions. When Philip met up with the Ethiopian eunuch, the man was hungry to understand the scripture. As soon as he heard the scriptures explained, he immediately wanted to be baptized. He didn't wait to see if his friends were going to do it. He didn't go home and "pray about it." He didn't say he was going to do it... one day. He just DID IT! I mean, they are just walking down the road and this guy spots a mud puddle and is ready to jump in and be baptized - NOW!

How great would it be if we could all be so excited about the gospel and so obedient to what Christ calls us to do! The Ethiopian heard God's word, looked for an opportunity, and responded with obedience. It really is that simple - and that difficult.

I can't add much to the simplicity of the process of hearing, seeking, and responding. I can only pray that I, too, will be so diligent and so obedient to obey NOW, next time I feel God' prompting as I respond to the opportunities He gives me.

No comments:

Post a Comment