Monday, August 2, 2010

August 2, 2010, II Corinthians 3


Key Verse: 

It is not that we think we are qualified to do anything on our own. Our Qualification comes from God.

(II Corinthians 3:5)
Central Truth: 

Service does not require training. It requires willingness.
THE QUALIFICATIONS OF AN UNQUALIFIED ARMY

In my career as an athletic trainer there are certain things I am allowed to do and certain things I am not allowed to do. Currently, I can perform CPR because I have the training necessary to perform it. I cannot perform surgery. The difference is that I have been taught to perform CPR by an expert, but I have never received training in surgery. If you need CPR, you’d probably love to have me in the room. If you need your appendix out, you’ll wait until someone more QUALIFIED comes into the room. In the field of athletic training, what you can do is based on what you have been trained to do.

Serving Christ is vastly different. We aren’t qualified because of training; we're qualified because of our experience with Christ. The spirit deems us qualified. Nowhere does it say that you have to have a degree from seminary to talk about Christ, nor do you have to be a Christ-follower for at least six months before serving in your church. What you do need to be is willing. With a willing spirit, much can be accomplished.

Pray today that God will impart a willingness in you. Opportunities arise all the time to serve, and we see them. Often though, our willingness evaporates because of our busy schedule, apathy, or a feeling of being unqualified. Pray that God will remind us that we have been qualified by the spirit that dwells in us.

No comments:

Post a Comment